0

Thoughts from a Pedicure chair

Posted by DC Export on 3:04 PM
The fabulous and amazing Matt suggested that since I've been complaining how difficult it is to paint my toes, and what a tragedy it would be to have chipping polish on them when delivering, that I get to the spa. Imagine my elation when I realized that I can TOTALLY WRITE A BLOG POST WHILE GETTING A PEDICURE!!

I don't know why every blogger doesn't make the pedicure chair their writing place.

And you bet your ass that when I went to pick my polish & saw the new OPI Burlesque collection that I "accidentally" shoved the 10 yr old spying the color I wanted out of the way with my belly. Whoopsie!

At least I'm using my human manufacturing status to it's advantage finally, even if it is the final DAYS of pregnancy.

Final. Days. Of. Pregnancy.
Sometime in the next few days, I will be a MOM. Holy. Crap. It's really setting in. As scary as the prospect is, there's a certain calming relief knowing that we have a medically sanctioned end date, should he not show up before then. I'm actually relaxing, for the first time in weeks! I'm enjoying people watching & not obsessing every minute about OMGWHATOTHERNATURALINDUCTIONMETHODSARETHERE and WHYISNTHEHEREIWANTTOHOLDHIMNOWNOWNOW!!

It's just nice to be in the happy place. In fact, I don't cry anymore after every call/text/tweet/fb message asking if the baby is here yet. It's annoying, yes. But it's also comforting to know that me/baby/matt are so loved. I've stopped myself from thinking my body is a suck machine for not producing the child yet, and started being comforted by the happy vibes coming our way.

Our whole life changes sometime in the next few days. "We" will become three.



-- Post From My iPhone

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 DC Export All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by ToriOreo.