0

I think they're testing my literacy

Posted by DC Export on 3:34 PM
So Mash & I are driving along, and I start singing "get a job, la la la la la la la la la la" which led to us then having a debate as to the true lyrics. I was stumped, he thought it was random "na na na"s, and I couldn't google the matter be cause writing "what is the name of the song that goes la la la la la la la la la la la la la la?" likely won't produce the desired result. So what do we do?

We call my father. He did live it after all, he should know. Well dear pa recalls the song and is fairly certain the lyric actually is "get a job" at which I exclaimed "so you're telling me everytime I've sung that while walking past homeless people I wasn't making it up?!?!!" (note: I'm sure papa was not happy at this revelation, but thank goodness he didn't express it). He then offered to look up the artist online, which led to a longer-than-is-necessary tutoring session to teach him how to find the song on the iTunes store. Once found, I asked "who's the artist?" he mumbles something about how the song was called "get a job, cha na na" an the only real artist he saw was James Taylor. Three minutes later he declared that it was originally performed by the GROUP the Cha Na Nas. "dad, a group IS an artist!!!". Sigh. I love my papa, and definitely admire his willingness to learn new tech.

As a side note, at a rest stop in Alabama the inside of the stall door had LOCK written on it, in case a simple woman like myself was unable to identify the fancy locking equipment on the door.


-- Post From My iPhone

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 DC Export All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by ToriOreo.